Use high fibre foods which increase transit time in the intestines and promote optimal balance of probiotics in the intestines.
- Avoid meat because it contains large amount of arachidonic acid with promotes inflammatory prostaglandins and inflammation and pain.
- Increase liver friendly foods such as kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, rapini. Use more anti-inflammatory spices such as turmeric (which protects against environmental carcinogens and decreases inflammation), ginger, milk thistle seeds, and ground flaxseeds.
- Avoid sugar, caffeine and alcohol.
- Avoid/minimize dairy products
- Supplement the diet with fish oil to help to reduce pain symptoms and decrease inflammatory response. Choose only supplements from an approved source that has proven low-mercury short-lived deep water fish.